Self-care is looking after oneself in order to maintain good health, be able to function at work, be able to assist and care for others, and be able to do all of your daily tasks. Regular self-care activities may enable you to present your best self. Amsellem claims that when we routinely take care of ourselves, we are better prepared to respond to the events that occur in our life. It’s a practice we engage in to preserve our sense of wellbeing.
How to Establish Self-Care Practices
- Choose the activities that make you happy, give you energy, and help you regain your balance.
- Start out modestly by deciding on one habit you want to work into your daily routine over the course of the coming week.
- Start by putting that behavior into practice sometimes for a week.
- Reflect about your feelings.
- When you’re prepared, include more exercises in your routine.
- Receive assistance by discussing your practices with family members, a coach, a qualified professional (such as a therapist or dietitian), through your healthcare plan, your neighborhood, or your place of work.
Self-care doesn’t have to be difficult to do right away. Here are some suggestions to help you start your self-care journey slowly:
- Each morning, spend five minutes focusing on your breath before establishing your goals for the day.
- have breakfast.
- Appreciate each night what you have to be thankful for.
- Put your phone in airplane mode for 30 minutes every night to escape the barrage of notifications.
- Set a time to go to bed and maintain it.